Date(s) - 04/16/2016
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mi Casa Resource Center
In Partnership with Denver Asset Building Coalition-DABC, Mi Casa Headquarters is one of DABC’s Super sites. DABC provides free tax support on a walk-in basis beginning January 23 – April 18. Days and hours are as follows:
Towards the end of the tax season, there will be extended hours:
April 15th 9am-9pm (Friday)
April 16th 9am-9pm (Saturday)
April 18th 9am-9pm (Monday)
No appointment is necessary through April 18, and the average wait time is less than 30 minutes. After April 18th an appointment is required, and spots are normally filled 2 weeks in advance.
Service is free for families earning less then $55,000, or single filers earning less than $35,000. experienced IRS-certified Volunteers will help you get all the tax credits you deserve.
What to bring with you
Please review the following list carefully before visiting a DABC free tax Super Site to ensure that you have all of the documents needed to complete your federal and State of Colorado tax return:
- Your Social Security card, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or an accurate record of either number;
- Social Security Numbers or ITINs for your spouse and dependents;
- Photo Identification such as a driver’s license;
- Your spouse, if filing jointly;
- Identity Protection PIN, if the IRS has mailed one to you for identity theft;
- All Forms W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) from all your employers for last year;
- Your spouse’s Forms W-2, if filng jointly;
- All Forms 1099 (interest, dividends, unemployment compensation, social security, state tax refunds, etc.) for you;
- All Forms 1099 for your spouse. if filing jointly;
- Form 1095-A, if you have health insurance through the Marketplace;
- If you are self employed, your 1099-Misc income documents and a completed Self-Employment Tax Organizer to show your expenses and business miles.
- Your last year’s federal and state tax returns, if you kept copies;
- Any year-end bank account statements showing any interest earned;
- Any educational expenses paid to a qualified educational institution (including tuition/mandatory fees and interest paid on student loans);
- If you may be able to Itemize your deductions, bring receipts of your expenses for out-of-pocket medical and dental, property taxes, auto vehicle registration, home mortgage interest, charitable contributions, casualty losses, and other job expenses;
- If you pay a child care provider, the address and Tax ID numbers of the provider(s) (Social Security or Federal ID numbers);
- If you are Amending your tax return, a copy of the original return submitted and any of the above documents that you are correcting;
- Bank account and routing number for direct deposit (refund) or direct debit (payment).
If you are missing a Form W-2 or 1099
Your employer or the issuing financial institution should be able to provide you with a copy of your missing W-2 or 1099. If you cannot get a copy from your employer or financial institution, please contact the IRS for assistance.
Get a faster refund with direct deposit
If electronically filing, direct deposit refunds take 10-14 business days, versus 45 days for a paper check. Some DABC SuperSites can open a bank account for free if you do not already have one. There may be a small fee for initial check order.
Mi Casa Resource Center’s mission is to advance the economic success of Latino families and not just Latino families. All families who want to advance their lives economically and Mi Casa is able to do that with partnerships like DABC. As we support the efforts of DABC to provide free tax prep, DABC and their volunteers do not represent Mi Casa or Mi Casa Staff. Mi Casa Resource Center and its dedicated staff respects and values every person who walks through Mi Casa’s doors.