Date(s) - 03/07/2017
Mi Casa Resource Center
4 week session: M-F, 9am-3pm
March 7 – April 13
Application Deadline is Monday, FEBRUARY 27
Customer Service Skills Training Program
The Training will run from Tuesday, March 7 through Thursday, April 13, 2017 from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM with an hour for lunch. This is a comprehensive career training program for individuals who want to launch careers in the Customer Service or Financial Services industries.
They will receive weekly support and professional development opportunities such as job shadowing, Resume/cover letter support, networking, practice interview and professional head shot for job search and social media (LinkedIn). They are guaranteed a minimum of 3 job interviews with our hiring community partners!
The first step: Contact Carla Kaplan-Gomez at 303-539-5619 or email@example.com with interest and return the Career Application. Carla will review the application to see that it meets the initial eligibility requirements:
- Household income falls within Colorado Low Income Standards
- You are 18 years old
- You are eligible to work in the United States
If all of the above steps have been met, Carla will contact the applicant and invited them to attend an Enrollment Session.
The Second step: Attend an Enrollment Session, to complete the admission requirements. Please bring your photo ID and Social Security Card. Select a date and time that works for your schedule.
Enrollment Sessions are held at Acoma:
- Tuesday mornings from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Thursday afternoons from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Office Hours at the Castro building:
- Tuesday afternoons from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- Thursday mornings from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Office hours at the Castro building serve TANF referrals in educating on Career and Agency opportunities, completing the application and scheduling an Enrollment Session and preparing for admission.
During the Enrollment Session, Carla will make a copy of the photo ID and Social Security Card as well as provide a detailed program overview. Carla will share the many benefits gained from the Customer Service Skills Training program and wraparound support services from the Mi Casa Career Team and new community partner, ResCare. Carla will also administer the TABE test in our computer lab.
Please review the TABE resources for support in preparation for taking the TABE test. The TABE test is a computerized, multiple choice test that lasts about 2 hours. It tests skills in both reading and math. The goal is to meet the eligibility requirements of being at an 8th grade level or greater in both for Financial Services or 6th grade for Customer Service.
The purpose of the Enrollment Session is to ensure the all Eligibility Requirements for admission are or can be met:
- Household income falls within Colorado’s Low Income Standards
- 18 years of age minimum
- Provide your photo ID and Social Security Card (eligible to work in the U.S.)
- High School diploma or equivalency (Financial Services only)
- Take the TABE test (computerized 2 hour test) with 8th grade reading and math level for Financial Services and 6th grade for Customer Service.
- Willingness to commit to the 4-week training program, weekdays from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, March 7 – April 13
Please note: Recent High School Graduates have adjusted admission criteria: They can substitute ACT/SAT for TABE test, 18 by end of training, their student ID can count as their photo ID. During training, they will get support to apply for a copy of their Social Security card and State ID if they do not yet have one.
The Third Step: Select an Enrollment Session:
- Tuesday from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM or
- Thursday afternoon from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
Interested in what Mi Casa offers? Please fill out our interest form and a Mi Casa staff will contact you as soon as possible.