Financial Services is an intensive six-week course that prepares individuals to begin careers in the banking or financial services industry.
Mi Casa’s Financial Services training program was developed, reviewed and approved in partnership with local banking institutions to provide customized training. Training subjects include:
- Role of the bank and the bank teller
- Banking products and services
- Transaction processing
- Cash and check handling
- Sales and customer service
- Emergency procedures
All training occurs in a simulated bank setting that incorporates Symitar, the most commonly used credit union banking software, for banking transactions.
For an in-depth course overview, click here.
Technical Skills and Certifications
- CareerReady Colorado (CRC) Certification
Workplace Skills Training
- Problem solving and communication
- Financial literacy
- Workplace relationship building
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
Job Search Training and Support
- Career coaching
- Personal marketing plan
- Resume, cover letter and references
- Job search assistance and on-site interviews
Requirements for Financial Services training:
- Negative drug test
- Pass a background check
- TABE test at 8th grade level
- Must be legal to work in the U.S.
- Submit an application and pass a personal interview
- GED or high school diploma required
Mi Casa is currently accepting applications for the Bank Teller program.
Questions? Contact Emily Thomas, Recruiter, at 303-539-5611 or ethomas@MiCasaResourceCenter.org.