Customer Service is an intensive six-week program designed to prepare students for careers in a variety of industries that rely on great customer service.
The curriculum was developed in partnership with local and national employers. The course includes specialized training by industry, as well as general customer service skills, guest speakers, and tours to a wide variety of customer service companies.
For an in-depth course overview, click here.
Five High-Demand Customer Service Industries
- General Customer Service
- Health Care
- Call Centers
Technical Skills and Certifications
- Professional Certification in Customer Service from the National Retail Federation (NRF)
- CareerReady Colorado (CRC) Certification
- Mi Casa’s Customer Service Certificate of Completion
- Workplace relationship building
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
Job Search Training and Support
- Career coaching
- Personal marketing plan
- Resume, cover letter and references
- Job search assistance and on-site interviews
Requirements for Customer Service training:
- Pass drug test
- Pass a background check
- TABE test at 6th grade level
- Must be legal to work in the U.S.
- Submit an application and pass a personal interview
Click on the 2016 Career Application to download Mi Casa’s 2016 application for career training programs.
Save the application (MS Word document) on your computer; fill in answers; re-save; email to ckaplangomez@MiCasaResourceCenter.org or drop off at 360 Acoma Street.
Questions? Contact Carla Kaplan Gomez. Recruiter, at 303-539-5619 or ckaplangomez@MiCasaResourceCenter.org.